Thursday 1 January 2015

LOUBIE STARTS BLOGGING



I have been intending for absolute ages to start a blog. Here at long last, is the beginning



Many of you, who this first posting will reach, will be familiar with what I have been posting over the past couple of years on Facebook.
 I now plan to share what I have been up to a bit more extensively, because I know it won’t just disappear down into the depths the vertical timeline. 
I have become reasonably comfortable messing about in my cooking pots and recording what I am up to in captioned photographs.

I have many times shared my explorations with a whole host of different audiences in talks, speaking over a PowerPoint presentation of some of my indigenous food photos. 

Well now it is high time I made the effort to find my writing voice, something that I don’t feel comes all that naturally to me. 


  But there are a whole lot of things I would like to share, so here goes … a new kind of exploration …


NOTE: 
Here are the names of the indigenous foods listed in the order they appear in the photos above (I still hope to figure out how the captions work)

Portulacaria afra (Spekboom) pickled with carrots 
Sideroxylon inerme (Milkwood) berries in a bowl
A couple of cordials used in various cocktails
Carissa macrocarpa (Num Num) liqueur
Aloe ferox (Bitter Aloe) for making ruby grapefruit marmalade
Carissa macrocarpa (Num Num) sliced open
Typha capensis (Bullrush) & Searsia crenata (Dune Crow Berry) ready for making biscuits










No comments:

Post a Comment